iPad mini iPad Mini 2 future US availability post Christmas

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chen23, Sep 21, 2013.

1. chen23 macrumors member

Slightly random question but I am going to be in the US (miami) over xmas (I'm from London) and was planning on hopefully picking up a couple of ipad mini 2's when I'm there. Problem is I land on xmas day so I was wondering what stock availability was likely to be, judging by the first generation launch?

Does anyone from the US remember what stocks were like immediately after xmas or around new year? I'll be there a couple of weeks, would be a bit annoying if there was no availability the entire time I was there.

I know a concrete prediction can't be made on a launch for a different product but any anecdotal evidence from last time round would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

I have never seen iPads being sold out like iPhones

You should be fine

Maybe the gold color will sell out , if they make one

3. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

The iPad 2 was nuts and sold out for some time. But that launch was early in the year.

4. MyiBill macrumors 6502

The minis were sold out christmas time last year with only certain models available.

5. chen23 thread starter macrumors member

That way my memory too, I'm after the wifi 32GB in black and IIRC that was possibly one of the options that sold out pretty quick.

6. MyiBill macrumors 6502

Yes I was on a search last year for a present and the only ones I could find were sprint models and usually the 64gb. Did find what I needed though a 16gb att in black at an obscure walmart so it wouldn't be impossible

7. VanillaCracker macrumors 68020

VanillaCracker

Keep in mind they won't be selling black this year. It's going to be space gray. Quite disappointing to me