iPad mini IPad mini 2 home button problem

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bellamaria29, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Bellamaria29 macrumors newbie

I have an iPad mini 2 and the home button is a loose like it clicks before I press it, it works pretty well but sometimes I will have to press it several times for it to work. My issue with just making a appointment at the Apple Store is I can't recreate the not working issue cause it's not consistent but it being loose is really annoying, and the people in the NYC Apple stores can get quite snooty, but my question is has anyone had an apple product replaced for a loose home button? Even if most of the time it works ok? Thanks for anyone's responses it's been bothering me a while but I don't want to argue or get stressed out at the apple store is there's no chance they will replace it.

2. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

Just tell them everything that's happening. They could have other methods to test the workings of the home button.

3. TomTomHatesCats macrumors regular

TomTomHatesCats

I had to replace my mini 2 due to a defective home button. It wasn't loose, but it would occasionally require double or even triple taps to respond. The Apple rep tested it in front of me for a few minutes, then swapped it out for a new one without much hassle.

That said, all this was within the first two weeks of purchase, when the mini 2 launched, over a year ago.