iPad mini iPad Mini 2 in refurb section!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LucasLand, Dec 8, 2014.

1. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

Apple just unloaded some wifi version of the iPad mini 2 in their refurb section. i just ordered the space gray 32gb with a $75 gift card i had been holding on to. I can't wait! this is my Xmas present to myself. i'm already drooling. this is an upgrade for me. for 3 years i carried around with an iPod touch

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad/ipad_mini_2/wi_fi

i won't need to worry about carrying it in my pants, cause i'll be wearing what I call my iPad shirt

http://youtu.be/iTUlOrAAK1w

2. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

3. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

That is in okay price, but not really that great of a deal compared to what is out there. I just bought a mint iPad Mini 2 16gb cellular (5 months of warranty remaining) that came with a medge keyboard case for $225 off of Craig's List. :D

4. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

I think I got a great deal, especially with my gift card. I don't trust craigslist. Mine is straight from apple with the same 1 yr warranty as a new one

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Agreed. I have always said, "I sell on Craigslist, but would never buy." There is just too many shady things that could be wrong with a device that you may not notice in a few minutes a transaction takes.

6. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

That is why I did a serial number lookup to verify that I had warranty left on the iPad and a EISN lookup to make sure T-Mobile didn't have it blacklisted. You have to know to ask the right questions, meet in a safe and secure place, and let your gut tell you if the situation is good. It's not all shady and there are plenty of good deals out there. I've sold thousands of dollars of stuff on Craigslist and all of it was in great condition, so I know there are buyers like me out there as well. Why pay more when you don't have too?

7. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Those things you can check for. Things like water damage that has not taken effect yet....you are screwed if it happens.

I'm not just saying that. I once bought an iPhone and coke was spilled on it. It took about 2 weeks to totally mess the phone up. Never again!

8. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

Best Buy currently has the Mini 2 16gb WiFi for $249. Same price at Walmart. Staples has it for $239 but that's in-store only. It goes in and out of stock but Cowboom.com (Best Buy outlet) has the Mini 2 16gb AT&T refurbished for $279.

9. poncekim macrumors newbie

Yeah this is basically the going price on brand new mini 2s now.

Micro enter and best buy regularly has sales at 249 and 229.

I bought a 16 go last night at best buy for 225 with movers coupon.

10. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

Apple has a 16gb refurb mini 2 for $249 now. Why would anyone buy refurb when you can get one brand new for the same price?

11. chrfr macrumors 603

Brand new iPad Mini 2s are $299. The first generation Mini is $249. The question is why would anyone buy a first generation mini for the same price as a refurb mini 2?

12. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

he meant why buy the refurb when they are $249 everywhere else right now (mini 2 w/ retina).

Bestbuy, staples, walmart are all $249 or lower.

13. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

14. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

15. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand