iPad Mini 2, Jump from 7 to 9?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ansah, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Ansah macrumors newbie

Ansah

Hi,

I have an iPad Mini 2 with retina that works really well for the trivial things I do on it. One of the things I like the most about it is it has an absolutely phenomenal battery life compared an Android I had in the past.

I am still running iOS 7, as I read of many nightmares about 8, but iOS 9.0.1 seems to be pretty universally perceived as stable, and I'm thinking of finally upgrading.

Again, I don't do much with it except web search, e-read and check mail, as I still prefer full-blown computers for actual productive work. Is there any reason to update? Any reason not to? Will it diminish battery life?

Thanks in advance.

2. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I recently updated from 7 to 8.4.1 on my mini 2, and then again from 8.4.1 to 9.0.1. I'm happy with the change, as I was having trouble with a book with a lot of mark ups in it, and for whatever reason it runs much better in iOS 9. Everything seems smooth, and while I haven't done any careful measurements, the battery life seems about the same. One thing I really like in iOS 9 is if you have the keyboard up and you drag across it with two fingers, it moves the cursor around for you. In my opinion, that's something we should have had long ago. I haven't tried it myself yet, but the option to use adblocking software is nice as well.

Just to add, I don't think I'm necessarily as sensitive to interface jitters as others; this is just one view.