iPad iPad Mini 2 on iOS 9.3

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by RumoredMac, Mar 26, 2016.

1. RumoredMac macrumors newbie

RumoredMac

I own an iPad Mini 2 on 7.1.2 JB
    I want to upgrade the iOS. I hear that iPad 2 will become pretty much unusable on iOS 9.3 But what about iPad Mini 2? How much difference is there between the 2?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. Sleaka J macrumors regular

Sleaka J

There's 2 generations of CPU difference between them.

4. alphonseM macrumors member

Running iOS 9.3 on my iPad Mini 2. I'm quite content.

5. gren81 macrumors newbie

The issue does not seem to be the difference between The iPad 2 and the iPad 2 Mini.

I tried to update my iPad Mini 2 yesterday to 9.3 and I was unsuccessful. I was able to download the update but I was unable to install because of the verification issue. In my case, I had changed my Apple ID password from the time that I originally setup the iPad 2 Mini from several years ago. Apparently, the verification is trying to verify against the original Apple ID password - not my current password.

AppleCare and others stated to me that the update was pulled and should be back in a few days.

6. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

It runs pretty well overall. I have the broken clickable Safari links bug currently, which is beyond annoying. You'll want to definitely hold off until this is sorted.

7.1.2 is definitely the fastest. Can you trade a little speed for the newest features? Your call there.

7. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

I agree. iOS7 was super fast on both iPad mini2 (and my iPhone 5s). I do love the latest iOS8 and 9 features (share sheet, widgets in Notification Center, Night Shift) which is why I upgrade my iPad mini2.

8. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

I have found no problems with my Mini 2 on 9.3

9. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

I was able to get 9.3 installed on my mini 2 before the update was pulled. It runs fine. It's not as smooth as it is on, say, my iPad mini 4 or my iPad Air 2, but it otherwise runs fine.