iPad mini Ipad mini 2 or 4?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Calvin Lim, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Calvin Lim macrumors newbie

Calvin Lim

Hey guys! Recently i was confused that i should go for mini 2 or mini 4 ? The reason i wanna buy an ipad because its just very convenient in nowadays especially for me as a student when i need to use it for homework, assignment and many more. Any suggestions ? My budget is around $400. Yeah i knew my budget is quite low but i heard that Apple had lowered the price for Ipad mini 2.

2. Mainiac macrumors member

Mainiac

If you don't mind the larger format the Air 2 and Mini 4 are now the same price so you'll get more for your money with the Air 2. The main problem with either is that the base models only have 16GB. It's another $100 for the 64GB models. Good chance though that you could find a used 64GB Air 2 in the $350 to $400 range with a lot of people upgrading to the new 9.7 Pro.

3. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

Refurbished iPad Air 2 is only $339 at Apple's refurb store.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

The Mini 4 is a notable improvement over the Mini 2. Double the RAM, faster processor, thinner and lighter, better (laminated) display with better colour reproduction, and a better camera. If none of that matters and you just want a functional iPad, go with the Mini 2. But if you can afford it, I think that the 4 is clearly better.