iPad Mini 2 prices?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by M_W, Nov 26, 2016.

1. M_W macrumors newbie

M_W

The iPad Mini 2 32GB is $200 at Walmart right now. Are the prices expected to drop again anytime soon, or is now the time to buy?

I'm considering getting one but would rather wait if they're going to have another sale around New Years or something.

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I would look into the price of the iPad mini 4 and compare the two devices. The iPad mini 4 was released two years after the iPad mini 2.

3. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Yeah, the Mini 4 has notably better specs, but the Mini 2 is still a capable tablet, and therefore may be worth it for a low enough price.

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

You have a point, but the price would have to be really low for me to justify purchase. The mini 2 will soon begin being left behind as developers drop support for older devices. And, I wonder how many more iOS updates it will receive. It is a capable tablet, but time in this arena passes quickly.

5. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Best Buy had the 32GB Mini 4 for $275 this week... I couldn't resist. :)

6. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Jeez! And the 32GB Air 2 is still at that price but only gold in stock. I couldn't pass on that if I didn't already have an iPad Air 2. If they had silver, I'd be tempted to sell my 16GB and get a 32GB.