All iPads iPad Mini 2 speakers low?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by E3BK, Nov 9, 2014.

1. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I just picked up the iPad Mini 2 refurb for a pretty good price and I'm loving the screen. But the speakers seem low. Definitely weaker than my Mini 1. Is this a known issue or should I be taking this back?

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

Not sure if it's a specific issue. All iPad speakers seem pretty weak to me.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yes the rMini speakers have a lower speaker output.

4. E3BK thread starter macrumors 68020

E3BK

Yes, due to their size but the M2 speakers seem weaker than the M1. Did you notice a difference when you upgraded to the Mini 2?

----------

Is this across the board? Seems odd if it's specific to rMinis.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yeah I think the iPad mini 1 was a little louder

6. RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

This is my main complaint about the retina mini, which I find otherwise fantastic. It doesn't get nearly the attention as gamut, but given the choice I'd much rather they fixed the former than the latter.

7. minimo3 macrumors 6502

Yes I noticed that too. Even my iPhone 5s with a single speaker is louder. The mini 1 is slightly louder and the ipad 4 is about twice as loud

8. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

The speaker volume, or lack of it, was present on my first gen iPad mini and is present on my 2nd gen. I'm hearing impaired, so to hear the darn thing at all, I've got Bluetooth speakers by my bed and at my computer, just for the mini. My iPhone's are much louder. My 1st gen Air is perfectly loud.
    Still, however, the mini is my go to device.
    Is it really that much weaker than the first gen you had? Mine seems about the same, or at least I didn't notice a difference.

9. E3BK thread starter macrumors 68020

E3BK

Yeah the M2 was noticeably softer than the M1. I use a sleep app with white noise and it's definitely less loud. It seems to be a known issue though so nothing to replace. Bummer.

10. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I do wish they would at least make them as loud as the iPhone's speakers. It certainly should be possible. Here's for hoping enough of us have sent feedback to that regard. I have a couple of times lol