Ipad mini 2 (wifi + celular) but with wifi only firmware

Discussion in 'iPad' started by erdond, Mar 3, 2016.

1. erdond macrumors newbie

I just bought the used ipad mini 2 wifi + cellular, but it not show up the cellular option in settings
    I check on itunes and then i realized that firmware inside the ipad was for ipad mini wifi only
    any solution for this case?

IMG_0004.jpg Capture.PNG

2. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

Where did you buy your iPad mini from and how March it looks like they sent you the wrong iPad or it was not has describe in the listing if that's the case I would open a case with eBay or Paypal or with swappaor where ever you got it from has iPad you got was not has describe in the listing

3. ChristianJapan, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

First diagnosis step: visual inspection. Does the device has a SIM slot ?
    If yes: maybe update to proper firmware
    If no: go back to seller

When I watched once more your screenshots I believe you have a wifi-only model at hand.

4. erdond thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it with local seller, and it says wifi only..
    But when i receive the ipad, i saw the simcard slot and when i check the serial number at apple website, it says this is the wifi+cell ipad

5. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

I think I would take it back too the seller and get a refund and if you really want a iPad mini I would get a iPad mini 4 The iPad mini 1st gen is really old now you be March happier with the mini 4 Or if you can wait I would get the air 2 or wait in tell what Apple has in store and get iPad pro So if you can return the iPad mini why you still have a ch too do it and get your self a iPad mini 4

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

If money wasn't a factor thats probably what they would have done in the first place. Not everyone has lots of disposable income just laying around. It would be interesting to see what you would recommend if this was a car forum.

7. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan