iPad Mini 3 64 g or iPad Mini 4 16g

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by amandale1109, Nov 11, 2015.

1. amandale1109 macrumors newbie

Please help! I have the option of buying an iPad mini 3 with 64 g or an iPad Mini 4 with 16g for about the same price. I'd be using it primarily for emails, taking and storing photos, downloading music, occasional tv show, occasional powerpoint presentation. Any advice as to which would be the better option please?

2. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

I would definitely say to go for the mini 3 64gb.. 16 is just not enough storage. If you were doing more web browsing I would say get the mini 4.. Because it has double the RAM and you don't need to worry as much about pages constantly reloading.

3. gman36 macrumors regular

Mini 4 because the ram and the new display. You can get them pretty cheap right now if you want to go 64gb

4. thesim macrumors newbie

I would go with mini 3 because I had an air2 16gb and was constantly checking my storage and removing apps that were not getting much use just to keep it at around 4gb free space, it became an obsession . Also remember that when you get it out of the box that 16gb will be more like 11gb free space due to system storage.
    I've just returned to iPad and was looking for a mini and went for the 32gb mini 2 rather than the mini 4 16gb because of this reason.

5. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

You'll be running out of space with the 16gb mini 4 in no time. I'd trade the 2gb ram of the 4 with 64gb storage of the 3 in a heartbeat.
    It's criminal that Apple still sells devices with 16gb storage.

6. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Id say the 4. The RAM will be more valuable in the future. There are cloud solutions like dropbox, box, iCloud drive, and google drive that can help you have more storage in the cloud.

7. gman36 macrumors regular

Exactly, pay the $1 a month and get 50gb with iCloud.