iPad mini, 3 or 4th gen?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by WhiteIphone5, Nov 13, 2012.

1. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

I have $530 for tablet, now I don't want to spend all of it but if its worth it i might. What's the difference between iPad.3 and. 4? Just speed right? And dual band. Now i have seen iPad 3 at way lower price but I mean you know how there's the latest tablet so why would you go with the previous model?
    Also iPad mini, it's nice and small. But I want a large screen but it there's not big big difference why not?
    Also I plan to download books for college, play GarageBand, edit IMovie and. Browse
    What would you guys choose and why?

2. Danish6007 macrumors newbie

brother you can go with the Ipad 3 coz it has better screen performance and better graphics so think it, if you wana handy you can go with it Mini best of Luck...
    i want buy an iPad i thinking about iphone but it really suck waste of money for the iphone 5 coz its a huge amount for it and best of it we can go for ipad...

3. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

what about ipad 4?

4. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

You want something extremely portable? Get the Mini. If you want something with a GREAT screen? Forget the Mini.

5. panda bear macrumors 68000

panda bear

If I were in your situation, given what you are going to use it for, I would go with the iPad 4.

The faster specs may not be too noticeable now, but I can see Apple optimizing iMovie and GarageBand for the faster iPad.

I don't believe in having to always have the latest and greatest, but I do think that it's a pain to fall too far behind in the Apple ecosystem.

If you buy the iPad 3.. in 2 years, you'll be 3 iterations behind. And when they release new versions of iOS, you will be able to use less and less of the new features.

I have the Mini and I love it, but I will only be using mine for light web usage and reading Flipboard and a few other things.

6. Liquinn Suspended

True, I have the 4 and I love it

To the OP: I'd get the 4. :)

7. Deasnutz macrumors 6502

Just ask yourself, which one makes my b-hole the moistest when I think of it?

Therein lies your answer young Apple user.

8. iHateMacs macrumors 6502a

iHateMacs

I saw a pie chart of the main things people do with ipads.

I think web browsing was 75% followed by playing games. There was a 0.1% labeled "Other" I guess this is you :)

My eyes are watering at the thought.

9. Michalflora macrumors newbie

What kind of discounted rate does Sprint offer? $50 off?