iPad mini iPad Mini 3: the RAM X-Factor

rrrahu1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
New York
I was just thinking..... how can we be sure that Apple hasn't secretly put 2 GB of RAM into the new rMini?

Maybe I am being overly optimistic, but I refuse to believe that for $100, the only difference between the Mini 2 and Mini 3 is TouchID.

We can be pretty sure at this point that the Air 2 will have 2 GB. Also, we know that Apple never advertises RAM specs.

So could it be a possibility? Or am I just deluded?

rrrahu1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2011
New York
It just doesn't make sense that for $100 you only get TouchID.

If you compare the iPad Air 1 vs iPad Air 2, you get TouchID + MANY MANY MANY more perks for $100 more on the Air 2.

So why with the Mini 3 do we only get Touch ID for $100 more?

yegon

macrumors 68030
Oct 20, 2007
The likelihood is minute that they're knocking out new A7's with more RAM for an iPad they discussed for 30 seconds.

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Highly unlikely if they are sticking with the A7 and even if they did, I would hold off till next year for some extra power and hopefully a better screen to go with it.

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
I was just thinking..... how can we be sure that Apple hasn't secretly put 2 GB of RAM into the new rMini?

Maybe I am being overly optimistic, but I refuse to believe that for $100, the only difference between the Mini 2 and Mini 3 is TouchID.

We can be pretty sure at this point that the Air 2 will have 2 GB. Also, we know that Apple never advertises RAM specs.

So could it be a possibility? Or am I just deluded?
It's completely in the realm of possibilities, though not likely.