iPad Mini 4 back case that holds smart cover on (ie Switcheasy Coverbuddy)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by chriscrowlee, Mar 31, 2016.

1. chriscrowlee macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

So I ended up getting tired of my beastly iPad Mini 2. Upgraded to a Mini 4. Looking for a back cover that is thin, but also holds the smart cover in place. On my iPad Mini 2 I have the Switcheasy CoverBuddy, which is just a hard shell plastic back, but has cutouts for where the top and bottom of the smart case go so the magnet could come lose and the case still stays attached to the side of the iPad.

Anyone know of anyone else who sells such a thing? Doesn't seem to exist for iPad Mini 4 that I can find.

Thanks!

2. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Strangely, I haven't had any luck with this either. It seems companies have switched to only folio style cases. I don't really understand the mentality behind this since Apple's own silicone back case is ridiculously expensive and not ideal as it attracts so much dust, lint, and hair.

3. chriscrowlee thread starter macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

I'm with you. I bought the pro yesterday, and it lasted me about 20 minutes at home (mind you I've had the mini, the mini 2, and now the mini 4). I took it back. Was just too big. I just got my mini a month ago. Now having case issues. I picked up the silicon case and had a "wtf" moment when I paid... $59 for back silicon? JEEEEEZ. And it doubles the thickness of the device. Long term not a good solution. I went from the 2 to the 4 for thinness among other things.

4. asuandy macrumors member

asuandy

One possible solution would be to buy this case from Amazon (I have it and love it):

http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-iPad-Min...d=1459524225&sr=8-1&keywords=moko+ipad+mini+4

and then cut off the flap and use your Smart Cover with the plastic back. You would have to measure to see if it would fit, but you could also trim the plastic if it was close. You can also just use the moko cover as is; it works very well. I was contemplating this solution for an iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard to protect the back.

5. chriscrowlee thread starter macrumors 65816

chriscrowlee

gross