iPad mini iPad Mini 4 camera noise

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nubcake, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Nubcake macrumors newbie

Nubcake

First off all, I'm really happy with my new mini. It's my first apple product and it's pretty amazing! But after a little playing and discovering the world of iOS I noticed that the camera has a lot of noise, especially in dark rooms. Is this normal for the iPad camera standards? I wasn't planning on using it very often but still, I didn't expect that much noise for an improved camera. I must say that I notice the noise more when I'm in the camera app. When I look at the taken picture the noise is reduced and the sharpness is better.

One last thing; I don't want to scare anyone, pictures with more light look absolutly good! I took some pictures in the gardin and they where amazing!

Any thoughts?

2. RockSpider macrumors 6502a

I take it you're talking about noise in the photo and in the lens, if so, no, it seems to take a pretty clear picture in reasonably low light.
    While taking the picture in low light you might be out of focus because it takes longer to focus, but the picture comes out clear, that's my take on it anyway. It certainly does take very good photos.

3. No-Me macrumors 6502a

No problems here. Same what Rockspider says, it takes a little longer to focus, but the pictures are ok.

4. ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

@Nubcake, you are right. In very low light there is more noise in the photo than the same low light scene taken with my 6. But I doubt I'll be taking anything in this kind of light. With moderately low light it takes really good shots with no noticible noise.
    I guess there is a difference between those 2 cameras. I thought I remembered reading they were the same.