iPad mini iPad mini 4 for kids?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by apple-1010, Dec 18, 2015.

1. apple-1010 macrumors newbie

So I'm thinking about buying a kid I know (family member) an iPad mini 4 for Christmas. He's well versed in Apple products and has indicated an interest in one. He's almost 8 years old. What do you think are some use cases beyond just Minecraft for it in his case? Parents- if you have kids with iPad minis aged 10 or below, what do they use it for?

Thanks.

2. SHirsch999 macrumors 6502a

My kids each have iPad mini 2s. There are a number of educational apps that they use for school as well as reading e-books from the local library. They also use Pages to write reports needed for school (yes, it is possible). For the first few months after getting the iPad's they were not allowed to have games or movies on them. Once summer came they were allowed to do those things, but not before.

3. apple-1010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. The kid in question is my little brother. Have you linked your kids up to family sharing?

4. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

M
    My 8 year old son has an iPad 4, and he's set up on my family sharing account. I can put restrictions on his iPad and when he wants to buy something, it sends an approval request to me.