iPad Mini 4 in-store hands on?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rrrahu1, Sep 10, 2015.

1. rrrahu1 macrumors member

Hi,

Does anyone know when these will be available to test out in Apple retail stores?

Moreover, does anyone know if you can buy one in a store yet?

2. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Can't buy them in the store yet, but I'm expecting them to arrive on the 16th based upon their soonest delivery time.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Pickup in store option is available this morning, but none in my area. Not real sure when they will be in stores.

4. Skoal macrumors 65816

Looking forward to upgrading from my mini 2. I know a lot of people think the mini is somewhat pointless now with the iPhone 6+, the air, and now the pro but I find the size a perfect compromise for a traveling tablet.

5. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

still shows "coming soon" for me

6. newellj macrumors 601

At a guess, some time next week, probably late next week.

7. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

All my local stores show pickup available today.

8. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

Took a look at it in store, definitely better than mini 2 but also slightly different than air 2. On pure contrast i think my ipad 3 was still better and more natural looking though.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

They were out in the Tampa store today. Picked mine up.

10. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

I have one arriving tomorrow, but I stopped by an Apple store to compare the mini 4 and 2 side by side... I felt the overall same "betterness" as I felt when I first tried the Air 2 - Not sure if it's the processor or the memory, but the device is much more snappier and smoother than my mini 2 (which I really like, except for hitting my storage ceiling)

I also picked up a new cover - but there's absolutely no way I would spend $59 on a piece of silicon backing (where the case costs MORE than a Kindle Fire!) Maybe this is a test from Apple to see what level of ridiculousness their customers will put up with. I will personally shake my head at people who buy that Apple silicon case, just like I do on those who own a gold Apple watch :)

Looking forward to my delivery.

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Shake away my friend. I have a product RED silicone case coming in the mail tomorrow...