iPad Mini 4 in Stores?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by modernaccord, Sep 9, 2015.

1. modernaccord macrumors 6502a

I've seen this question asked in a scattered manner in some of the pertinent threads on here...

That being said, is there an official word if the iPm4 is available in stores yet?

Thanks!

2. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

I don't think quite yet. I just ordered one for delivery in 4 to 6 business days. The pick up option was not active in my part of Texas

3. tjhassan macrumors member

No word from Apple stores, they just say they're not sure when. But asked my local Best Buy since they're taking pre-orders. Due in stores on the 16th, same day iOS9 is available.

4. fyrefly macrumors 6502a

Yeah I doubt they'll be in stores until the 16th at the earliest. These babies run solely on iOS 9, I bet. So no in store availability before iOS 9 releases.

5. striders macrumors 6502

Are new iPads typically sold out during launch day like the iPhone? I know 99% of Apple Stores will be out of stock for the new 6S, but not sure with new iPads.

6. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I hope mine comes on the earlier date! my order is showing delivers: 15 Sep, 2015 - 17 Sep, 2015

7. fyrefly macrumors 6502a

I doubt it. No pent up demand for iPads like the iPhones. No lineups ever that I've seen for iPads on Launch day. Maybe the iPad Pro 'cause it's new and super hyped.

8. striders macrumors 6502

The only line up was when the 1st iPad was launched. I know because I was there. :)

9. royinla14 macrumors regular

I like your excitement over it! Seriously, I really don't understand why most of people and reviews seem to skip the mini. The regular size iPad was always too big for me and I think the mini size is perfect! Now supporting multi tasking I think it'll be great. Can't wait to pick up.

10. dacreativeguy macrumors 68010

Not true. iPad 2 had lots of lines and constrained supplies. I was there.

11. striders macrumors 6502

I was replying to fyrefly.

12. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I love new toys! I still have the original mini and I still love it! I briefly thought of getting the ipad air... but I just love the portability of the mini!

when I bought the original mini, I planned to upgrade a year later for retina but decided it wasn't worth it.... then last year it was also a pretty worthless update again.... so this year i'm ALL IN! and my pink smart cover just shipped! that will be here Monday! haha!

13. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

OH! I just realized! IF it comes on the earliest delivery date... i'll have ios 9 a day early! YAY! of course not that it's that big of deal since they have all the beta's out there for people... but I never do those... so that will be fun for me!

14. royinla14 macrumors regular

Nice! Let me know when the iPad ships pls.

15. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

16. laffnvegas macrumors member

laffnvegas

I am right there with you, I have the original iPad Mini and neither the upgrades were worth changing for even though husband has been wanting me to move up so he could get my original. He has a Samsung that he is ready to trash. I have had no problems with my iPad mini and looking forward to 4. Just the slightly lighter weight will be great since I travel for business frequently.

17. royinla14 macrumors regular

By the way apple store now shows shipping 1-3 business days so that's a good sign!