iPad mini 4 owners who owned the mini 2 - how is performance?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by icanhazapple, Sep 17, 2015.

1. icanhazapple macrumors 6502

I think there's a subset of mini 2 owners who are contemplating the mini 4. For those of you who have the mini 4 and had a mini 2, how does the performance compare? Any of the usual lag?

2. Shinobi026 macrumors newbie

Still some lag when moving around, but with big loading tasks it's much better. Tomb Raider Go seems to have the exact same performance on my Mini2 as the Mini4 which is weird. App maybe needs an update for the new device. The general lag will go away with some iOS improvements I'm sure.

3. ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

Boy, am I excited. Since I havent noted any lag, except when at the every edge of a wifi zone, the 4 is gonna seem like its really flying, except at the edge of a wifi zone.
    But in those cases, I just switch wifi off and LTE takes over with no lag that I've noticed.

4. Shinobi026 macrumors newbie

Yeah if it was internet speeds you were getting at, this thing flys.

5. ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

No, I was saying that overall I dont notice lag on my Mini 2, but havent upgraded to 9 yet either so it may be noticeable when I do, if I do.

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Silky smooth. Great looking screen. Games and apps play very nice. I'm a big XCom fan. Looking forward to trying it tonight.

7. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Biggest thing is the RAM. iPad mini 2 would reload Safari tabs ALL THE TIME. I loaded up 5 or so last night and switched to apps.....all the tabs stayed and didn't have to reload.

-Kevin

8. judethat macrumors 6502

judethat

Super fast - worthy upgrade, silky smooth, no lag.

9. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

Same here, silky smooth for the most part. The areas where I see some lag improved when I had beta 9.1 on the mini 2 so I suspect any lag is down iOS 9 needing optimising. It is a noticeable improvement, as much to do with the extra ram.

10. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Much better for me, especially safari with no refreshing similar to the Air 2. Probably going to go up to 9.1 beta as its much better for the phone, so will try that out.