ipad mini 4 screen issue when streaming video

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alyssap22, Jun 19, 2016.

1. alyssap22 macrumors newbie

alyssap22

My ipad mini 4 is having an issue when I play videos, especially on the netflix and hulu apps.
    As the scene changes or the camera cuts to another person in a scene, my screen will automatically increase the brightness. Then it will decrease. When the scene changes again it will brighten again. This happens over and over again and is really frustrating. I found that when I put assistive touch on this solves the problem but I hate assistive touch and it annoys me that I even have to do that. Anyone else experience this issue? My ipad is still under warranty.

2. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

Hmmm, that is strange. I don't have a similar issue with mine and I watch videos with it all the time. Maybe an issue with the ambient light sensor? I would book an appointment at the Apple Store if there is one close by if I were you.

3. kameradhund macrumors newbie

yes, same here.. there is nothing one can do about, besides assistive touch. but you know about that already. it isnt only on ipad mini 4, it can be seen on all idevices.

4. LCPepper macrumors regular

LCPepper

Maybe send some feedback to Apple?

I can't say I ever noticed it on my iPad Mini 4; but then I wasn't really looking for it.