iPad mini 4 Smart Cover and sillcone case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by The Game 161, Dec 23, 2015.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

2. gman36 macrumors regular

That looks nice, I've been thinking about the case as well. I have the same color Smart Cover currently

3. meistervu macrumors 65816

I just picked up the same combo this week for my new iPad mini 4. I have a leather SmartCase on my iPad Air 1. I love this combo so far: light, minimal, and actually improve the comfort of the mini with bare aluminum with sharp edge (the iPhone 6 is smoother and more comfortable to touch).

What is awesome about this combo is that the cover when folded back will be held strongly against the back which is a big deal for me. I found the fact that my iPad Air 1 SmartCase cover flop around when folded back really bothersome.

The only small drawback with this combo is that it does pick up lint. A leather option would be nice. I looked at leather folio options out there and virtually all of them are clunky, like binders one would put a paper notepad in. Sena Future Folio is the only exception so far. It does however looked bulkier with a card and paper slot, and I have no idea if its magnetic cover is strong enough to hold the cover when folded back.

Are there other leather option out there?

4. jrs22 macrumors 6502

I wonder if different colors have different finishes. I bought the lavender case and cover and it never attracts lint and I definitely do not live in a dust free environment. It's my first apple brand case and I'm really enjoying how the case maintains the thin and light qualities of the mini. I had a Durafolio case for my iPad Air and it's so heavy in comparison.

5. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

My grey iPhone 6 silicone case was really bad about lint. I had it my pocket for an hour and it was a mess. I returned it for the green case and haven't had a problem. It's strange.

6. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

7. meistervu macrumors 65816

The camera adds a few pounds to it :)

It looks really slim to me in person. It's probably the most minimal front and back cover with decent protection.