iPad mini 4 to iPhone 6s Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by max2, Nov 10, 2015.

1. max2 macrumors 68000

I am thinking about doing it but not sure yet. Reason being is because I can't hold my iPad for very long with my hand hurting.

2. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

Ipad Mini and 6s Plus are two different beasts. But i do have to say one I got the 6s Plus i used my mini less and less.

3. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

Do it.

Don't know what to say. The iPad Mini is a tablet while the 6s+ is a phone.

4. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Some people like to use their iPads while at home and their Plus size iPhone while they are out, which is what I do. It really is a matter of personal preference.

5. Anand953 macrumors regular

Just recently bought an iPhone 6s Plus. Already have a iPad Air which I usually use when am home for web browsing, reading and watching videos mostly..

Was torn between 6s and 6s+ but ultimately chose the latter as it suited my needs more.. Am 6'3 and have pretty big hands so I have no major issues using the phone 1 handed.. Am typing this post using just 1 hand from my iPhone :).. The reach ability feature is a big plus for me on this phone .. I use it extensively during my 1 hand usage ..

I did see they my iPad usage has decreased a bit after the arrival of 6s+ as I sometimes sit with my phone playing games or texting and continue using it for reading as well which I normally would have done on an iPad ..

6. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

I have an iPad Mini and a regular sized iPad and recently got an iPhone 6s Plus. I haven't really used either iPad since then. I usually always bring an iPad on business trips, but for the first time left it at home on a trip to Paris for a week, to lighten the load. I watched movies and did my browsing on the 6s Plus all week and was fine. At times when I wanted more, I just pulled out my laptop.

7. vlinkz macrumors regular

I do this too. The Mini is my home tablet and the iPhone is what I use as my outside device.

8. Anand953 macrumors regular

This also proves that we are surrounded by too many devices whereas we don't require more than a couple of them.. the most ideal is a macbook and an iPhone.. iPad is a luxury anyways. But the these 3 devices together do make a good luxurious and comforting combination..

9. iNinja08 macrumors regular

iNinja08

Another option. [​IMG]

10. max2 thread starter macrumors 68000

11. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Lol, I really hurt my wrist one day holding my iPhone 6sPlus. It was an intense day of texting several friends and relatives to coordinate various get-togethers. Autocorrect was being a real witch that day so I ended up retyping words it kept replacing though they were spelled correctly. Autocorrect was deciding to replace them with random odd words. (And people complain about Siri)! It can be heavy, too. So yeah, my wrist was aching.

I prefer to set my iPad mini on a table or desk and use it for much of my computing. I'm using it now to access this forum. I use my iPhone 6S plus when I'm out of the house. Or running around in the house and going from one chore area to another. I hate most mobile versions of sites and prefer the tablet view on sites. The iPhone 6sPlus screen is large but still too small to web browse on as comfortably as you can on a tablet.

It sounds like you are already used to holding an iPad mini and don't want to set it down or use it any other way, so for you, switching may help. But don't expect a drastic difference.

12. max2 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Personally, I find the mini easier to hold than the 6s plus. The 6s plus is too long, it feels unbalanced.

14. welsea macrumors member

welsea

Just got my mother's iPad mini after getting the 6s plus. They really are different beasts.

I use my phone as a more on the go in my pocket computer way...The mini is for more serious stuff and larger screen that I need to do on the go.

15. max2 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ok.

16. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

Choices are good. What works for one, may not for others. My wife's main computer is an iPad Air and she loves it. She never uses a computer. I back it up for her onto our family Mac, so technically she uses it via me, but if I wasn't here she could back it up to iCloud. She has an iPhone 5s also, and those two devices server her well.

For me, I may get rid of the iPads. I bought the Mini (the cheapest one) after she got an iPad, to have for watching movies and stuff when traveling. When she upgraded to the Air, I took her old full sized iPad. I've not used the Mini since. Now that I have the 5s Plus, I have just been using that rather than hauling around a third device. I should probably just get rid of the mini, because its non-retina and not that pleasing on the eye. But its not worth a lot, so have kept it. So I have my Mac Mini and the 6s Plus (and a Dell laptop for work) that I spend equal amounts of time on.

17. Anand953 macrumors regular

Lol.. It's only when we have so many devices that we realize which we actually require. If you have kids you can give the old iPads or mini to them

18. iDanny26 macrumors regular

iDanny26

So true. I have a 6S for out and about and casual gaming. Then my windows 7 laptop is for everything else.

19. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

Same here. I haven't touched my iPad mini 1 since I got the 6s+. If you are not in a rush op...get the phone first and then gauge from there.

20. Macyourdayy macrumors regular

Macyourdayy

Sounds like a plan. I'm getting the 6s+, but I love my ipad4 ( would prefer an Air2 or pro) but would love to be able to run pad apps on the 6+. A MacBook and 6+ would be a great portable combo, but the OS X stuff eats data like it's always on fibre so it's crap as a connected mobile device. At least with the pro available and split screen, pad apps might get more sophisticated. Decisions, decisions.