Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
How is it on IOS 12, i'm thinking of trying to hunt one down

Whoakapi

Cancelled
May 26, 2010
The first version of iOS11 sucked big time on the Mini 4. The interface animations were a miserable lag fest. Later versions of iOS11 improved the fluidity a lot.

I took the plunge on iOS12 and I'm very impressed. It runs extremely smooth considering the fact that the Mini 4 was released in 2015. Battery life might have worsened slightly, but it's just a feeling. My devices has clocked +300 cycles, so it's not really new anymore.

I'm very pleased that Apple for once has optimized the performance on iPads. The Mini 4 doesn't really feel like a device released back in 2015.

Reactions: kazmac

Azeroth1

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
How is it on IOS 12, i'm thinking of trying to hunt one down

I find it noticeably faster. I don’t know if that’s a placebo effect or not, but web pages, which I primarily use it for, seem to load noticeably faster.

Very happy with the performance since upgrading. Does feel like a new device to me.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
I am using the Mini 2 and ios 12 it makes useable for me again for most things. Does not like loading lots of photos in a webpage but will render them okay which ios 11 just would not do it for the A7! It is good overall for the A7! A8 should be much faster and the Mini 4 has additional RAM too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.