Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Hi everyone. Has anyone seen the iPad mini 5 in store at any Walmart’s? Online it shows that if u order and have it shipped to home or pickup in store it wouldn’t be until April 9th. What is the hold up? Thanks.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Ordered Wi-Fi only 64GB in Silver this afternoon from Walmart. Strangely, the delivery / pick up in-store date was Friday April 5th for me. I'm not in a hugely metropolitan area, either. I opted for delivery but my two local Walmart stores only have the 9.7" iPad on display.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
Ordered Wi-Fi only 64GB in Silver this afternoon from Walmart. Strangely, the delivery / pick up in-store date was Friday April 5th for me. I'm not in a hugely metropolitan area, either. I opted for delivery but my two local Walmart stores only have the 9.7" iPad on display.

My local Walmart also only has the 9.7 iPad. I think not many people buy their high-end electronics at Walmart so it's not worth it to carry them.

Reactions: three

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Hi thanks for letting me know it is weird how Walmart is not getting them in store. I don’t remember that happening before. Also when I go to order it says in store pickup date is April 11th. Your said April 5th?

Reactions: three and max2

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Hi thanks for letting me know it is weird how Walmart is not getting them in store. I don’t remember that happening before. Also when I go to order it says in store pickup date is April 11th. Your said April 5th?

Yep, mine's out for delivery right now!

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
My Walmart has iPad pro’s, and iPad 2018’s, and iPad minis. None of which are on display, they are all locked in a box underneath the iPhone demo/display area. I would’ve never know they sold them, unless I asked.

I’m considering exchanging my 6th gen iPad 128gb 2018, for a mini 5. It would be a outright exchange. I’ll see if my son is interested. He is 6 years old. And I think the Mini 5 would be a better size for him instead of the iPad 6th gen.

Jcmwwe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
My Walmart has iPad pro’s, and iPad 2018’s, and iPad minis. None of which are on display, they are all locked in a box underneath the iPhone demo/display area. I would’ve never know they sold them, unless I asked.

I’m considering exchanging my 6th gen iPad 128gb 2018, for a mini 5. It would be a outright exchange. I’ll see if my son is interested. He is 6 years old. And I think the Mini 5 would be a better size for him instead of the iPad 6th gen.
So your Walmart has got in iPad mini 5’s? If so where u from? Thanks.

ruiinplano

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2019
I am still rocking my iPad Air, Anyone knows about what is the deference between all those new iPad?

tps3443

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2019
NC,USA
That's a really good question. Maybe because of the distribution center location? What specific model did you order?

You get the new A12 7nm processor, and 3GB of ram. The A12 is the same cpu inside of the newest iPhones. Those are the biggest improvements for the new iPad Air, and the new mini 5.

It is a great upgrade. Either model.

A lot of people have been using the air and or mini 4 since 2014-2015. So it is a much needed upgrade.

The mini 5 at $399, there’s nothing faster or anywhere close for this kinda money.
[doublepost=1554506640][/doublepost]
So your Walmart has got in iPad mini 5’s? If so where u from? Thanks.

I live in North Carolina. It seems quite a few have had these in stores down here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.