All iPads iPad mini, Air...and Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MyRumors, Nov 7, 2013.

1. MyRumors macrumors member

After they renamed it got me thinking...
    Maybe they called it Air to make room for a larger Pro...?
    Naming makes sense atleast...

2. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

I hope so. I know many may disagree, and even though I have a rMBP, am none-the-less intrigued by the concept of better productivity on a portable tablet.

An 11" iPad with enhanced functionality (maybe iOS / OSX hybrid) would be a welcome addition for an iPad "Pro".

I agree that the naming of the 9.7" iPad to "Air" leaves many questions in our minds, and with reports of Apple testing larger screens, who knows what the future holds. Let's see...

3. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

Interesting thought there.
    I know some PC makers have created a laptop where the keyboard folds back and you just use the screen via touch. I would not be surprised if Apple did something like this and call it "innovation" though it has been obviously done before. There used to be a company that was licensed to take Mac laptops and do the above. Let's see what happens.

4. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Interesting concept. I never thought about it. Not sure how they would make room price wise though. Maybe that's why they gimped theAir with 1gb and no improvements on camera?

5. nostresshere macrumors 68030

It totally blows me away that somebody else comes along every 2-3 days with this same story or something similar about the naming, and supposedly knowing all about the Pro.

Over, and over.

6. New Apple macrumors regular

Panasonic's 20-inch 4K 'tablet' comes to the US in January for $6,000

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Mmmm... introducing the new 65" iPad Surface Pro :p

8. New Apple macrumors regular

in 50 years every '1st world' house will have such thing :p

smartphones will be reduced to a cooking 'dice'
    informations will be displayed on smart glasses, in contact lenses or 'own diaries' (ipad mini / ipad air)

every house will have a huge displayer as a
    tv, hifi, computer, cinema, internet browser, games console, bank account communicator, lights on-off, call the police, check the cam in the garage and so on.

special sizes will be for special jobs (directors, artists, surgeons, teachers?)