Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

codefuns

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
offline map + real gps is the break point for me, I will get a nexus 7 to replace my old garmin gps.
If iPad mini's hardware is not less than ipad2 and the price is right, I will get one also maybe.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
yay we needed another thread about the non existent ipad mini

its kind of hard to tell you which one i would choose seeing how the ipad mini doesnt exist, so we cant compare the two..

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
offline map + real gps is the break point for me, I will get a nexus 7 to replace my old garmin gps.
If iPad mini's hardware is not less than ipad2 and the price is right, I will get one also maybe.

Could Mighty Mouse beat up Superman? Are things so slow for you today that we have to have imaginary battles?

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
i won't be buying a Nexus 7 until the iPad Mini becomes a realistic possibility or it turns out it was only a rumor and no product will follow

if the iPad Mini never comes out...chances are i will then buy a Nexus 7 that i can throw into my Camelbak when i go riding. the iPad doesn't fit

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
i won't be buying a Nexus 7 until the iPad Mini becomes a realistic possibility or it turns out it was only a rumor and no product will follow

if the iPad Mini never comes out...chances are i will then buy a Nexus 7 that i can throw into my Camelbak when i go riding. the iPad doesn't fit

Same here. I've got a LOT of iOS apps so for me adding a iPad mini is worth whatever small premium I need to pay.

----------

Everybody will have a phone with him, why you need all your devices have cellular capability?

Why not try both since they are not expensive?

I might. I'm still trying to get an Android device to tinker around with but if I wait a bit i'll likely be able to actually have someone pay me to take their Andoid LOL....little joke there.

I think tethering is a stop gap solution. In 5 years most mobile devices will have cellular technology built in and much of what we access will be in the cloud.

Cell carriers are preparing for this by creating shared data, an acknowledgment that consumers will have multiple cellular based devices soon.

codefuns

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Here in canada, $50 can only get 100M data plan with some call time and text, I can't imagine how much I need to pay if all my device have a data plan.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Same here. I've got a LOT of iOS apps so for me adding a iPad mini is worth whatever small premium I need to pay.

yeah that's the problem i would have too. for me to switch to an android device would create an insane amount of headaches.

a huge money-maker would be some sort of program that would automatically transition you between ecosystems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.