iPad mini iPad Mini and VNC

Discussion in 'iPad' started by d4zza, Nov 5, 2012.

1. d4zza macrumors member

Anyone used VNC on an iPad Mini yet? Would like to know experience.

Would also be interested in experience of using VNC on an iPad too.

2. vigilant macrumors 6502

vigilant

RealVNC works really well assuming you have RealVNC on both ends on the iPad, iPad 2, and iPad 3.

The application simply named "Desktop" does a pretty good job as well especially if you install it's package on the host machine you are connecting to. You get a substantially more "robust" experience by doing that and using the Google integration.

I picked up an iPad Mini on Friday but been slammed and haven't had a chance to mess with it on that. I fully expect the performance to be comparable to the iPad 3 and iPad 2 especially as seeing as performance in general between those two was virtually identical.

Just about everything out there right now for the iPad is targeted for the A5 processor since this is what the bulk of devices are running. In gaming you may see a difference with the iPad 4 and iPhone 5 but generally speaking outside of application switching across several apps over and over again the experience is fairly identical.

3. d4zza thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. It's RealVNC I'd be looking to use. I envision replacing my PC for many different activities, but wish to retain it, probably sitting somewhere else in the house switched on, so, using RealVNC, I can do other tasks that are perhaps processor intensive like video conversion or file transfer over network but don't require my attention for long periods of time.

I have no intention of doing gaming.

4. Parystec, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013

Parystec macrumors member

Parystec