iPad mini iPad Mini Back to School Deal

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MyiBill, May 11, 2014.

1. MyiBill macrumors 6502

Anyone think that there's a possibility of a free non retina mini for the back to school promo this year?

2. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

Like when they gave a free iPod touch to students that bought a Mac a few years ago? It's possible, but not likely. Everyone and their grandma knows about iOS now, so they don't need to give it away anymore.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think they'll be giving away an iPad with the Back to School promotion. They seem to like the idea of the gift card.

That seems over the top, i.e., giving away a 300 dollar tablet when you purchase a computer.

4. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

They used to give a $300 iPod. Just debating whether its worth waiting for the back to school deal or buying from best buy now with their discounts. If apple's just doing the gift card again, best buy has the better deal.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My suggestion then is to wait and see what apple actually does.

6. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Anything is possible, however Apple most likely will offer gift card of x amount when purchasing a Mac, etc.

7. Mattjeff macrumors 6502

Mattjeff

When did they switch over to the gift card idea? When I purchased my laptop years back I think I got a free printer (100$ off one) and a free iPod. I'm holding out for the new back to school season to see but if its not worth it I think Ill go with a referb.

8. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

The gift cards started in 2011. They ended the printer deal in 2012. It seems highly unlikely that Apple will give away iPad Minis for the Back to School promotion.