Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which color you prefer and why, iPad Mini Black vs White?

• iPad mini Black & Slate

Votes: 155 46.0%
  • iPad mini White & Silver

Votes: 141 41.8%
  • Who cares, I'm using a cover

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 33 9.8%

• Total voters

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I went black...The black border fades into the background and makes the screen POP with detail and color!! I dont want to see the border, I want to see the screen!

That might be true for some games and videos, but when doing anything with a light colored background, like reading, mail, surfing, etc. the black background will be more noticible. So it really depends on what you do primarily on your iPad.

flavr

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
That might be true for some games and videos, but when doing anything with a light colored background, like reading, mail, surfing, etc. the black background will be more noticible. So it really depends on what you do primarily on your iPad.

Im looking at the borders on my MacBook Pro, Black. The boarders on my 27 inch iMac, Black. The border color of almost all TVs ever made, Black. In design applications (Photoshop for example) there is an option to do a quick background matte to see how a photo or image looks in its truest color, guess what color it uses for that background matte, Black. Black is the most non intrusive color to "frame" things without visual distraction.

Interactive Visual Designer for 15 years

Last edited:

boobie12

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Just traded my white one I had since launch day for a black and slate..this thing is gorgeous..still love my iPhone in white (never will get black) but man this look black/slate looks awesome.

realrick

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2013
White

I think I will go with the white version on every ipad model because I feel that white looks better and more fancy than the black one. The black one is very easy to get bored of your ipad. White is not a distraction for me anyway.

GreggM3

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Atlanta
I've always had black phones, iPads, and MacBook... I had a black LTE mini but gave it to my wife. I just picked up a white mini which goes nicely with my white iPhone 5 and Mac Book Air and even my Apple mouse. A bit anal I know.

DawnM

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2012
Just ordered a white one for my son, but he will have it in an Otter box type case so it really doesn't matter.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Black. I like my devices to disappear as much as possible. It's all about the content and apps. The black/slate happens to look pretty awesome though.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
I don't have an iPad yet. I am waiting for the updated edition. When available it will be black. Why black? Because black fits my masculine side and black projects class and style. That's how I see it. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.