iPad mini iPad mini Car Mount recommendation

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Yebubbleman, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

I have a 64GB first generation iPad mini on Verizon and I absolutely love it. I use it for tons of things; it's small size makes it great for use in the car as a replacement GPS (especially since its battery capacity and longevity puts my phone to shame) and it's not unwieldy to play music in the car either. Siri certainly makes driving with it easier as well.

Given all of this, I'm on a quest for a car mount for it. Ideally, I am able to use this on the successor to the current retina-laden iPad mini (third generation) as I'll likely replace this iPad mini with that when it eventually launches. But if not, it'd be cool if the brand was likely to make another one to fit that. This being said, any recommendations? I need it to do/be the following:

- Be removable; so that no one can look inside my car and see that I dock a tablet to it (really, I don't want this to be a thief magnet)

- Be street legal (I figure this one's obvious)

- Stick solidly to my windshield or in front of my center console (though if I can't plug audio into it, it's a no-go) (For context, I'm currently driving a 2002 Honda Accord Coupe in the US)

- Accommodate the hard case my iPad mini is in currently (this isn't a must; though I'd like it to not scratch or scrape the back of my iPad mini if this mount requires that I remove my hard case

- Not get in the way of my ability to shift (I drive a manual; though even if I were on an automatic, I feel like this would be important too)

Of note, I'm not looking to permanently install my iPad mini as a replacement to my car's head unit; though those conversions are certainly cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.