Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phreddyl

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2021
East Haven CT
Curious what others are ordering/using for a case. I bought the Apple one but it’s actually really uncomfortable to hold. It sticks out slightly and digs into your hand. I love the color but can’t get past the discomfort. I have the purple mini. Thanks in advance

Jimbo Asprilla

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2009
I got a purple folio case and apple care for $69 for 2 years, I figure if I break it (case or no case) i get it replaced, seems a cheap solution to the case situation.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
The Apple Folio. With the Mini 6, its magnetic, like the other newer iPads are. I like the ease of removing them if I need to lighten the weight.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
I think I might be the only one who doesn’t like the folio.
I have a love hate relationship with cases. Apple products look so cool that I never get to see them after I put a case on. If I don't, a cracked screen seems inevitable.

Yes, I wish they were leather, in more colors, and protected the sides.

tonie walker

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2020
worldwide
no case yet, using the mini naked same with my 13 Pro. Been using xs for almost 3 years no case, no cracks but dings and scratches are inevitable

taneff

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2019
I never used a case on my Mini 5. But the Mini 6 fits good in my most beloved handbag, very small one and would get scratched. So I am thinking about a case. And a TPU, not glass, screen protector.

But I want the same case as on my iPhone 12 mini. It is a naked case. A case barely there, weights 6g. You can even hardly see it but it protects the device from scratches and makes it grippier to hold. Does anyone know of a case like that for iPad mini 6? I only see those book covers and thick cases there. I will buy AC+ anyway but don't want the device to get scratched easily.

I have a thin leather sleeve for it but it still might be too much for ma small handbag.

Beards

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2014
Derbyshire UK
I like the ESR Case. Besides being a good solid case it has the benefit of having a smart flap that holds the Pencil firmly in place, ideal when out and about.

ESR Magnetic Case for iPad mini 6th Generation (8.3 inch, 2021 model), Convenient Magnetic Attachment, Auto Sleep/Wake, Fully Supports Pencil 2, Slim and Silky iPad Cover, Rebound Series, Black
by BDCollection EU Store
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B099RXL..._dp_P7HV7GM3X5QQ03SFEQBT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: Phreddyl
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.