Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelsaxon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
I'm considering buying one and I'd like to do Verizon because of the hotspot capability and the fact that they have LTE in my area. I'd also like to be able to pay month to month and not have data on the device for some months at a time, so I'm concerned that I've read this business about Verizon messing up sim cards or charging activation fees, etc.

Can someone clear this up for me definitively without just sending me to a thread? I've read many of them, and the state of things is still not clear to me.

I had an iPad 1 with AT&T and it was a cinch to turn the data on and off as I needed to.

Thanks!

astral125

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
If you stick with prepaid, you can buy data a month at a time without incurring activation or other fees.

Now if you try to buy a mini at a Verizon store, they might try to confuse you into a post paid account which is riddled with fees.

michaelsaxon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
So, to be clear, it is still easy to turn it on and off with Verizon with no hassles and fees as long as you stay prepaid? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.