ipad mini cellular t-mobile redirect loop

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dkimxd, May 6, 2014.

1. dkimxd macrumors member

I have a t-mobile ipad and I was using the 200mb free data for a month and switched to verizon. Now I was planning on switching to t-mobile because they have better data plans so I put in my t-mobile sim card and paid for a 30 day plan. I haven't been able to use data at all on the ipad, it just goes into a redirect loop to mimpre.t-mobile.com/upsell/mbb.do. I've called t-mobile multiple times and all they keep doing is telling me to reset the ipad completely and cross my fingers that it'll work then. They escalated the case to a tech engineer who did absolutely nothing and marked the case as resolved and didn't actually resolve anything. Did anyone else have any problems with this? I called t-mobile for a refund and they are claiming they have a no refund policy so I'm just gonna dispute it with the bank if possible.

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

What are you wanting a refund on?

Did you deactivate the SIM at any point? You may need a new SIM. If that is the case you should be able to get one from the store for free if you explain the situation.

3. dkimxd thread starter macrumors member

I want a refund on the $30 they charged me to have no data working on my ipad. I'm just switching back to verizon. Not worth the hassle to go with t-mobile.

I've also never deactivated the sim

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Alright then.