ipad mini charging indicator

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by toocold, May 20, 2013.

1. toocold macrumors newbie

my ipad mini does not shows charging indicator while completely turned off. the screen is completely black, ive tried pressing power button or home button, still black. but when my ipad is on, charging indicator is ok. and also when i turned off ipad and then plug the charger, it automatically turned on. is this normal? because i want to charge it while completely off, thats what i do with my gadgets. what i do is, while my ipad is on, i plug in the charger then it shows its charging, then i shut it off. after 4 hours, i opened it, 100% battery. my issue is that why it doesnt show charging indicator while completely off?

2. tazz3 macrumors regular

Just got the iPad 4 to day and there is no light on it saying it charged 100 percent.its safe to charge while in sleep mode.no need to turn it off ,When it's sleeping its off.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

That's just the way it works. When off, the device gives no indications while charging, hence why it turns itself on when it's off and you plug it in.

If you want to charge it with the device powered off, plug it in while it's still on and then turn it off.

4. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

That's true. Kinda strange though if you think about it.

5. Internaut macrumors 6502a

Yes. I've pulled the charging cable out of my Mini in the morning, and by the time I use it in the afternoon, it can still be 98-100% (I guess that depends on whether there's been any background activity; the app store notifying the device of application updates, for example).