iPad Mini charging

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ridgemount, Mar 5, 2014.

1. ridgemount macrumors newbie

I am very pleased with my iPad Mini but I find it very slow to charge compared to my iphone and ipad2. The mini is also very slow to find a new WiFi signal which I have used before and stored the password. Does anyone have any ideas or tips?

2. Chris7811 macrumors newbie

never have I had that happen

But the main thing is mine is jb so it may just be an apple bug. I think they did that so you do not wear out the battery but yet on my mac it charges close to my iphone4 and my destroyed 5.

3. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

The original iPad mini came with the same charger they use for the iPhone. I would opt and get the larger charger that the regular sized iPad uses. That charger will run you $20-30 and is worth it. It will charge a lot quicker.

With the iPad mini with Retina came out a larger charger was included.

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

This the larger charger will be much faster, im not sure why they shipped the mini wih the smaller one.

5. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Can't even remember how long it takes to charge with the standard ipad mini charger becuase I bought the larger one as soon as I bought it. Now it charges in about 3 hours.

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

it would be one thing if it had around the same size battery as the iPhone, but it is 3 times as big.

7. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

Sort of a similar problem related to charging. Bought refurbished first generation mini for my mom and charged it up and set it aside to give it to her next week (it has a Smart Cover). Opened cover the next day and it had dropped to 97 percent just sitting on the chair untouched. My Air doesn't do this as far as I know so wondering if this is normal. Thanks much for the replies.

8. Rodster macrumors 68040

It can be normal. Do you have BT enabled? Are apps set to refresh in the background? Are apps set for automatic update? All those can drain the battery in idle mode. If none of those gives you a solution, you could try a hardware reset. Sometimes a reset might help with battery drain.

In the past I would put my iPad in airplane mode to minimize battery standby drain. It's no longer a problem as I have figured out some of the things that cause a battery to drain in standby.

9. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

Thanks for the info. I pretty much have everything disabled according to guides on how to save battery life I've read. My mom won't be using wifi since she doesn't have the internet. I did check the mini and it has only dropped 1 percent since I posted this morning around 9:30 so I'm taking that as a good sign.

10. AppleIpadCom macrumors newbie

Try looking on www.apple-ipad.com.
    It has some useful tips for common problems like this one.