ipad mini complaints about ipad 2 parts

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Anti-Lucifer, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

Do you know what's really ironic? My ipad 3, my iPad 2's all render the web at the same speeds, open up documents at the same speeds, open up apps at the same speeds, play games (actually faster on my ipad 2) than the ipad 3, have nearly the same battery life between the two, less heat on the ipad 2 vs the ipad 3, (the ipad 2) is lighter than the iPad 3, uses the same speakers, the same fit and finish too.

The only difference is the ipad 3 has retina screen which is a big difference and the fact the cameras on the back and front are significantly better than the ipad 2.

So what's the hate with the ipad mini then? It will run the exact same way as your ipad 3! In fact, the cameras are improved (both front and back) and now has siri - plus with the higher pixel density at least you get sort of an ironic upgrade/(or downgrade) in screen performance!

Best of all now it's fully portable and lighter weight and cheaper.

2. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

But didn't ipad 2 have 1 GB of Ram? Or was that the ipad 3? :confused:

3. Anti-Lucifer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sure the ipad 3 has 1GB ram, but it's not like the ipad 3 outperforms the ipad 2 in everything sans the graphics performance of the GPU in the ipad 3.

Everyone is so upset because it's an ipad mini but reality is it's everything the new ipad 3 is (camera, speed performance, app library selection, BETTER LTE, BETTER WIFI, BETTER BATTERY LIFE, and everything smaller).

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

the ipad has more pixels.. thats why it has the gpu and extra ram.... the 2 has 512 mb of ram.. mini 1gb.

the mini will be slightly faster than the 2.

5. DJinTX macrumors 6502

I am under the impression that the mini has 512MB of ram, just like the iPad 2. If it has A5 and no retina, then it wouldn't need a gig of ram.

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

oh yeah i dont know where i read 1gb.. guess we wont know till they come out

7. DJinTX macrumors 6502

Although I won't be complaining a bit if they go with 1 gig, but doesn't seem likely given the other components used.

8. GeorgieAcevedo macrumors 6502a

GeorgieAcevedo

Thank you for confirming this stuff. Never had a iPad 2 but I wondered what was the difference since I am ordering a mini.