iPad mini iPad Mini Contacts Transfer Question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Coach21, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Coach21 macrumors newbie

Hello All,

My wife just got an iPad Mini and would like to have all of her contacts from HER iphone 5 put on it.

Currently it has a few from MY phone. I think I messed it up by putting in my apple ID.

Any suggestions on how to reverse what I did and put all of her stuff on her iPad Mini?

Thank y’all very much,

Andy

2. smooth macrumors 6502

smooth

Have her create an iCloud account, and then sign in on both her iPhone and iPad. Once the account is created and she is signed in, under iCloud in Settings, make sure Contacts (and whatever else she would want to sync) is turned on.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

yep you did.

you need to remove your id from the icloud, facetime and messages settings. sharing for the stores is fine.

when you kill icloud it will ask about keeping or deleting data. you'll likely want to delete. or if she has stuff in the calendar, notes etc you could turn off contacts and say delete to that and then kill your id off it and say keep to save the rest.

then log in/create her id. if it's a new id add it to those 3 spots on her iphone as well

4. Macra macrumors newbie

Hi
    When you sync your iPhone, in the tab do you have “sync contacts with iTunes” checked? If so, they’re in iTunes and you can transfert them to your iPad.
    connect to iTunes, sync iPhone after clicking contacts etc, then connect the iPad and after clicking sync with outlook )

How to Sync Your Contacts with an iPad

Also you can sync your iPhone contacts with gmail or yahoo. Then when you sync your iPad, have it sync with the correct account as well.
    Or you can get Mobileme and have the contacts sync over the air.