iPad mini cracked screen: will it get worse?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dagdagdag234, Mar 17, 2014.

1. dagdagdag234 macrumors regular

So my 3 year old dropped the iPad mini a bunch of times. Now it has cracks across the screen, some on the bezel, but otherwise seems to work.

As there seems to be no cheap options for screen repair I bought a griffin survivor case which covers the entire iPad and has a plastic screen that goes over the mini screen. So seems relatively safe to use.

But will the touch screen eventually stop working as the cracks get worse?

Is this not a safe option?

Any other suggestions? Thanks.

2. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

If it gets dropped again, the cracks may get worse. But those survivor cases do a pretty good job of absorbing shocks I think

I've used my iPad 3 with a cracked screen (after applying a film protection and putting it in a case) for months without issues and without the cracks getting worst

In fact, my step daughter is still using that iPad with no problems

3. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    My daughter dropped her mini - cracked the screen around the corner. She covered the crack with clear tape and so far so good. The crack hasn't spread.

Another family member dropped her iPod Touch 4 in the school parking lot. A car ran over it. Squished the Otterbox case and cracked the screen pretty badly - but it still worked. That one was taped as well. She now has an iPod Touch 5, but the beat up iPod still operates and is used from time to time.