iPad mini delivery on 11/2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ritmomundo, Oct 25, 2012.

1. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

So according to that guy during the Apple event, the iPad mini will "begin shipping November 2," but I've read other reports that it would deliver by Nov. 2. What do you guys think? It's my fiance's birthday that day, and this would be perfect if it arrived the same day. But if it won't be delivered til the following week, maybe I should go to the store and pick one up in the morning (a la Modern Family).

Also, any idea what the return policy would be in case she doesn't like it? Does Apple normally charge a restocking fee?

2. hkfan24 macrumors regular

LOL! I love the Modern Family reference. It's one of my favorite episodes. To answer your question, it should arrive on your doorstep on The 2nd if you pre-order it early enough. If it doesn't arrive on time, in sure a printed receipt will be almost as good as its a guaranteed mini ownership.

3. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

If they say shipped on Nov 2. They will usually mean that the product will arrive at your house on that date unless you were too slow to pick up the initial stock and got backordered.

4. DJinTX macrumors 6502

Typically the shipping date is when you can expect to receive it, if you get your pre-order in early enough. The normal return policy is 14 days to return/exchange.

If it is unopened or you exchange for a more expensive model/item, then no restocking fee. If it is open and you just want a refund, I am not so sure about this. If it is in perfect condition then I'm sure it is possible to not pay a restocking fee, but it is probably up to the store to determine on a case-by-case basis.

5. ritmomundo, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012

ritmomundo thread starter macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Edit: removed this because I realized she might see this thread at some point (unlikely, but you never know), and I don't want to ruin the surprise (the real gift, not the iPad). Thanks guys!

6. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

Restocking Fee

I'm wondering the same thing with regards to Apple charging a restocking fee on an open box iPad return. I pre-ordered the iPad mini this morning, but also pre-ordered the iPad Retina (i.e. iPad 4)......just in case the mini's screen just does't "cut it" for me.

All Apple's site mentions is "You have 14 calendar days.......Please ensure that the item you're returning is repackaged with all the cords, adapters and documentation that were included when you received it". There is no mention of a restocking fee. However, I've seen others mention a restocking fee for iPad's on this site. Does anyone know for sure as my plan is to test both the mini and the "iPad 4" and only keep the one I like best?

7. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I am pretty sure Apple stopped charging ANY restocking fees a while back

8. token787 macrumors regular

token787

The stores will have the product in 11-2. I would rather go in store so you know for sure to get it on the day of her birthday. I have exchanged and taken back items to Apple whether it was an accessory or an Ipad and never got charged a restocking fee and this was in store as well as sending back to Apple through the mail. The return policy is great, no hassles on Apple part. :apple:

9. DSTOFEL macrumors 6502

Perfect....thanks!

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

you get it on the second as it says "delivers 11/2"...same as the iphones.

11. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

The real gift is you a caring loving boyfriend,what more could a girl want:)