iPad mini demand

Discussion in 'iPad' started by blerns3, Oct 24, 2012.

1. blerns3 macrumors 6502

Will it be as hard to find iPad mini as it was (and is) to find the iPhone 5? I'm looking at getting the 16gb LTE model in black, but I'm not sure yet. If I don't preorder it on Friday, am I not going to see it for a while? I've never bought an iPad at all, let alone an iPad at release. Thanks!

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Very hard to say, unless you have a time machine or a crystal ball. Best to try to get a pre-order in on Friday. I would expect to to sell out fast.

3. brig2221 macrumors 6502

Even though they won't sell nearly as many of these as they did with the iPhone 5, I bet there will be a very high initial demand for this coupled with an initial supply contraint (just like the iPhone 5), which tells me they will be extremely hard to get a hold of at first.

I'm also betting there will be a pretty tight supply constraint all the way through Christmas, especially for the low end 16 Gb model.

4. smashie macrumors regular

Does anyone know what time on Friday do pre orders start?

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Most likely 12:01 AM PST. To the OP, it will probably be the same demand level as the ipod touch.

6. mellofello macrumors 65816

I would just preorder to be sure. If you don't like it just return. Despite what anyone says these will sell like hot cakes.

7. blerns3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hm, not sure what that demand is.

EDIT: Looked on the Apple store, says they ship in 5-7 days.

8. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

You know... I work in a grocery store. I have been in the business for years. I have never seen hot cakes sell particularly fast. Certainly not as much as fried chicken tenders from the deli or cold soda. Why are we still using this analogy? :D

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

They will probably sell out on the initial day, and the website times will slip after pre-orders on the 26th, but come November 2nd you will probably be able to walk in store and get one...be it best buy or apple.

10. Noisemaker Guest

This.

I'll be pre-ordering both an iPad 4 and iPad Mini on launch. Looking forward to an awesome November 2nd.

11. brig2221 macrumors 6502

These will sell a lot quicker and have A LOT more demand than the iPod touch, believe me.

Not sure what your interest is (tepid, or hot). If you do have a high interest in getting one, and getting it relatively quickly, I would definitely pre-order at Midnight this Friday night, or as early as you can that Friday morning.

12. blerns3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all of the help guys! I'll be mulling it over today and tomorrow on what I should do.

13. mellofello macrumors 65816

Just imagine if apple got into the hot cake business. It would cripple the world economy.