iPad mini display specifics

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jrswizzle, Oct 25, 2012.

1. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

We all know about the less-than-stellar 163 ppi and 1024x768 resolution....

What I'm curious about is, with all this new screen tech that's been seen recently (GF2 in the mini, in-cell tech in the iP5, IGZO...) - what can we expect the iPad mini's display to be made up of?

All of these technologies have the potential to make the mini's screen look much better than we would assume the 1024x768 to look.

Does anyone else know any more than I do? I've been researching online and definitely plan on comparing in store when they are released.

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

3. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Looking forward to some good reviews in the next few days/weeks and your question and others should be answered. Darn sure not going to purchase on day one for me.

4. jrswizzle thread starter macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Ya - looking to get one for Christmas anyways, but a full retina display would've meant a desire to pre-order. As it stands I'll need to judge for myself whether the screen quality is good enough for my liking.

Just sold my Nexus 7 because the screen wasn't good enough - though things like the Apple ecosystem and the overall design could make up for a somewhat lackluster screen being I really want a tablet in that 7-8" form factor.