iPad Mini display units in Apple Stores

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RedRaven571, Oct 24, 2012.

1. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

I just don't understand why people need to be intentionally thick.

My daughter wants an iPad for Christmas and I thought it would be good for her to check out the new Mini beside the full size iPad.

I called the King of Prussia Apple store this morning to inquire when they might have some display iPad Minis available to see/touch. The associate replied with something along the lines of "Apple doesn't provide products ahead of launch".

I said I understand they won't have any for sale but when would they be available in the store as a display for people to check out. The associate's reply was "Display units won't be available until the product is launched." To which I replied, so they will be available in store as displays on November 2nd? And she replies "Yes."

Seems like it would have been a much quicker conversation if the original reply was "Display units will be available in the stores on November 2nd", no?:confused:

2. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I basically got the same kind of answer when I stopped by my local Apple Store and asked if they would be opening early on the 2nd? I think the folks are told exactly what to say when prompted with questions like this and they don't deviate from the script.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

While it would have saved time saying the date for people who don't know when the Mini launches it seems to me that you were being thick by repeatedly asking for a date you knew of after that first answer.

But yes it would have been quicker had the associate said Nov 2.

4. RedRaven571 thread starter macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Perhaps a little......;)

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Don't forget coming on here to brag about how much more clever you are. ;) :D

6. RedRaven571 thread starter macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Nah, just worked retail and always wanted to give the shortest, quickest answer that would satisfy the customer and get me off the phone....:)

7. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

You didn't say exactly what you asked the rep to begin with but based on the answer you said they gave maybe how you asked the question was the problem. How about something like this - "What day / date will display models be available?"

8. RedRaven571, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

RedRaven571 thread starter macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

I am a pharmacist and, if a customer calls and asks "When will my prescription be ready?", I don't reply by saying "As soon as the intake technician enters it into the computer, your insurance reimburses us, it is counted out and placed in the bottle and I verify everything is correct." I understand they want to know what time it can be picked up and say something like "It will be ready in 2 hours" or "It will be ready by 5PM."

I believe what I asked was "When will iPad Mini display models be available in the store?" I feel that a response of "They will be available in the stores on November 2nd" would have been appropriate. I would have thanked the associate, been on my way, and would not have bothered to create this post.

Frankly, the whole point was that I know they will be shipping on Nov. 2nd but I thought, perhaps, there might be display models shipped to the stores in advance so people could actually see/touch them.

9. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

It's probably because you're a reasonable person and take time to think before you answer a question. That rep may have been peppered with questions all day and some of those may have been something like "are you getting any display units before Nov 2?" I try to ask direct questions whenever possible as it's hard not to give a direct answer.

BTW, I'd bet Ned Stark is more than 5 generations removed from Tony :p Looking forward to March when the next season go GoT starts.

10. RedRaven571 thread starter macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

:D I can't wait for March either, or for Martin to write the next book.....