iPad mini iPad mini drop story.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by davidjearly, Nov 27, 2012.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Don't normally post things like this, but amongst all the negativity towards the iPad mini, I thought I would.

I just dropped the iPad from its sleeve to the hard tiled floor below from a height of about 3 feet.

I picked it up expecting there to be damage, but no nothing. Not a scratch of the chamfered edge, or a mark on the display.

So I guess it is pretty solidly built.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I see mostly praise for the Mini, but I'm glad to hear its sturdy.

3. Fruit Cake macrumors 6502a

4. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

5. Nychot macrumors 6502a

Mine fell the same distance and the screen completely shattered and one corner of the black matte finish was chipped. I had apple care plus ($100 plus tax) so for another $50 the apple store gave me a new one. I'm returning it to the vendor where i bought it. I just think its too delicate. The apple genius got micro shreds of glass in his finger as he was pulling it out of my case. I also get my $100 back from apple so it cost me $50 to test out the mini. I'll wait for mini2. I have an ipad 3 and a nexus 7.

6. bagelmaker macrumors member

I dropped mine while in its Moko case and there was absolutely no damage. Don't know if I can attribute that to the case or the mini build quality, but either way it was a huge relief. I wouldn't expect something made of glass to be unbreakable. You have to be careful with these things.

7. TheRealDamager macrumors 65816

How about DONT DROP IT!

8. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Don't jump it? Ever do something by accident? GEEZ!