Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
Hey everyone,

I picked up a really nice felt sleeve on ebay for the iPad mini and thought I would do a quick review. I actually got the idea from some other users in another thread...so props to them.

I really wanted to use the mini naked but still wanted some protection. Picked up the sleeve on ebay here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271096103952?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Overall, I am really impressed with the sleeve (specially for the price). Build quality is great and it has a nice feel to it. The hand burned apple logo isn't perfect, but is pretty close.

The mini fits inside perfectly. It does have a little room to spare so it slides in and out without any problems (i.e. it is not a super tight fit). It will not come sliding out though if you are carrying it in a bag or something. I also did try to see if the mini would fit with a Smart Cover on. It does...but it is a little snug. The Smart Cover material against the felt is actually what makes it a little difficult to get in and out due to friction, but it definitely does fit all the way if you want to carry it like that (image_7 of me holding the case has the mini inside with smart cover on, showing that it goes in all the way even with the cover).

Took it to work today and a lot of my co-workers were impressed. Product is hand made and ships from the UK. The order was fully processed on Monday 11/21 and shipped out on the 22nd through Royal Airmail to California. I received it on 12/3. Not too terrible considering there was a holiday in between.

Attachments

• image_9.jpeg
    image_9.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 193
  • image_3.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 208
  • image_5.jpeg
    image_5.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 149
  • image_7.jpeg
    image_7.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 166
  • image_8.jpeg
    image_8.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 150

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Looks nice

I wish it had a small hole on the bottom for the lightning connector , that way you could charge the mini while in the sleeve

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Thanks for the in depth review. :D

I've been contemplating getting the iPad Mini sleeve and asked them if the Mini would fit with a Smart cover was installed, they said it wouldn't!

Guess I can buy one now!

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
Cool, I ordered the black version:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271115418346
There's also gray with black printed apple.

Does the felt feel more fine or rough? No chance of scratching?

I wouldn't say the felt is super soft, but it is not rough either. I am not worried about scratches at all. I think it is soft enough.

I have been using it for 5 days now with no scratches or anything.

V0RT3X

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2012
It's printed. Feels similar to graphics printed on shirts with iron. But there's no way you can peel it off or that it will come off by itself.

When I saw the ebay pics I thought they used regular Apple stickers you get with their products haha.

maniacphoner

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
The apple logo cutout looks a little flimsy, but for the price for the sleeve it looks like good deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.