iPad mini Ipad mini glass strength

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dontwalkhand, Nov 28, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Well I was a passenger in a car trying to fumble with my ipad mini and putting a seat belt on, and this happened.

I'm not OCD, and I'm sure ill live with this small knick, what scares me is that the seat belt buckle hit pretty close to the glass...does that weaken the glass more should a drop happen or anything? Also the possibilities of this small scratch getting bigger?

I'm more pissed at myself for it being less than a day old, and also the fact that the idiot didn't log out of the VPN for work, before we got going, which is why I was fumbling with the iPad in the first place.

I made an appointment with Apple, but I doubt they would do anything. I'm just annoyed, especially since it was someone else's fault...I'm generally a lot more careful., but I don't want this to have weakened the glass in anyway that I'm out of an ipad prematurely purely thanks to someone else.

Attached Files:

2. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

I would bring it to Apple anyway and see if they grace you with their sympathy card but I wouldn't blame someone else for something you did. You could've taken your time to log out before putting your seat belt on. There's probably a million things you could have done to prevent you from fumbling with your mini but it was your decision to keep moving.

3. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I put my paranoia to rest by insuring the thing just a minute ago, didn't know the policy would only be $35. Better safe than sorry I guess. Worth Ave. Group insures my iPhone and MacBook already, and thankfully I haven't had to use them yet, so I don't know how the claims would be should anything happen...Is it pretty easy peasy?

4. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

Best thing you can do. ;)