iPad MINI + Google voice to ditch iPhone5 away

Discussion in 'iPad' started by toshi182, Oct 13, 2012.

1. toshi182 macrumors newbie

Hello.

I still doubt Apple's Strategy on releasing iPad without phone call capability. of course it is for the money.

If the iPad MINI can be released with 3G or 4G LTE, I want to use a Google Voice with iPad mini to make and receive phone call with using my AT&T phone number! I don't want to buy extra iPhone.

Do you think this can be happend?

Since I am not a frequent phone call user, I can consider only using a Google Voice number for my phone number.
    And I wanna connect iPad and Macbook for receiving or calling via Google Voice. (Push etc.) I really don't care about phone calls actually. only need data plan and free texting, emails.

Seriously. I don't want to buy another smart phone.

2. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

No. It is because cell phones are supposed be small and portable. iPad mini will not fit into a pocket. It is a completely different kind of device.

You are in the minority. So... why be surprised that Apple doesn't cater you?

3. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

Then buy a 10$ normal phone, and only use it for calls/texts ,while everything else is done with the iPad.

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Huh?

Lots of cheap, voice-only phones with prepaid plans out there.

5. toshi182 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay. portable device. iPad aims a portability. you use a lot less iPhone while using iPad. so why need to carry both iPad and iPhone? and there's a mac laptop. icloud imessage connects digitally, but the devices have to be separated in terms of portability? why I need even a cheap call&text cell phone if iPad and mac does? have a mac laptop but needs a smartphone in a bigger screen. iPad does not replace macbook pro. or be a 2 years contract slave with carrying a cheap cell phone with a new iPad. and there's a mac laptop.

6. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Okay man

Okey dokey, though the concept of a "contract slave" because of a cell-phone two-year commitment is laughable.

There's still the prepaid option, which will allow you to GO FREE like a unicorn or dragon or whatever.

Be free!

7. toshi182 thread starter macrumors newbie

people who think iPad replace macbook doesn't care about converging mac devices.

who really needs macbook+ipad+iphone at the same time seriously?

8. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

?

I don't know, that's why I only have a macbook and iPhone. All three doesn't seem useful for me.

9. toshi182 thread starter macrumors newbie

that's why I was talking about a possible way to converge iPad and iPhone. I don't want a third device or cheap prepaid phone just for phone calls. iPad can be smaller and portable for whom already have macbook for work. If iPad mini comes out because it needs to be more portable, and doesn't require another portable device just for call/txt.

10. toshi182 thread starter macrumors newbie

customer who doesn't need a mac laptop is happy with iPad and iPhone.

customer who needs a mac laptop for work is not happy with giving up iPad.
    not happy with iPhone with a little bigger screen, and a iPad mini without phone service.

iPod,touch,nano is just a holiday gift.

and don't tell me withdrawal apple product and service to be free from this