iPad mini hotel logon problems.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by WLS, May 1, 2016.

1. WLS macrumors 65816

I'm having a problem with my mini and I thought I would see if there are any ideas about what is going on before I call Apple support.
    I can't log onto several hotel wifi networks. I can connect to them but I never get the rules and acceptance page. I can do so on my iphone so I am scratching my head.
    My mini is the latest one with the A8 and the latest firmware..
    Why would this be an issue for my mini?

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Try a network settings reset.

Some commercial wifi access points are finicky.

3. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

Sometimes things weird out. Have you tried typing in the address of the page that pops up on your iPhone?

4. WLS thread starter macrumors 65816

I'll give that a try. sounds like it could work. thanks!

5. Jeff R, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016

Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

^^ This might work. Type in the company's home page ("hotel's name" .com) in the address bar in safari so that the pop up rules & acceptance window would show. Little trick I learned when trying to get the rules & acceptance window to pop up. Same thing if you're having problems in restaurants ("restaurant's name" .com) and so on. Hope this helps!

6. WLS thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for trying but I did do that with no success. I also did a shutdown and restart. I'll try a network settings restart next time.

7. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I find the main address of the place doesn't work, it needs to be the address should pop up - the one you see on your iPhone. I've even AirDropped the Safari page over before when it's not in a pop up but rather in Safari.

8. pianoman88 macrumors regular

Seeing as how Apple is Flash-phobioc, could it be that the businesses are using Flash?

9. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

It loads on the iPhone so that seems unlikely.

10. WLS thread starter macrumors 65816

Got it working using a combination of resetting network settings and punching in the redirection address for the terms and conditions login page. Now if the iPad remembers the login I should be fine. Thanks to all in helping!

11. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

Yes, those wi-fi systems with a log in page can be frustratingly devious in terms of how you must log into them. I don't pretend to understand how they work and usually just keep trying different things until something works. The most common solution is to bring up Safari and try to load any web page. That often brings up the custom log in screen that you need to click on to get things working. You can miss that if you were in Mail or some other app.

12. WLS thread starter macrumors 65816

It seems to me that the commercial logons that cause the most problems are those that use a redirection which I think is set up in the router and point to a separate internet company that handles the web site..