iPad Mini in colors?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rogifan, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Since the iPod touch now has colors might an iPad mini come in different colors too? Not sure if it would be more difficult to manufacture colored aluminum in a larger device. But I think that would be a unique selling feature since most tablets are black or white and silver.

2. Bilalo macrumors 6502

Very true, but I don't think so as an Ipad cost more to manafacture so itll waste too much money I think, but at the same time the seeling price should be as much as the new Ipod touch so maybe itll come in 5 colors.

3. ValO macrumors 65816

I hope not, it would make it look like a toy.

I would like to see a black one with the same anondized black back in iphone 5 style, though.

4. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

I really don't get why they would do colors. It already is a merchandizing nightmare having 18 different iPad 3's to stock and chose from. Why make it worse by adding colors??

Everyone I know who has an iPad puts it in some sort of case (either full or a TPU cover). Just get the case/cover color you want.

5. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Yeah I wondered about that with the smart covers (assuming they do them for a Mini).

----------

Yeah a back one would be cool but I wonder how easily it would show scratches?

6. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

In my opinion, I think it would be a good way to get people who already own an iPad to consider it. As ridiculous as it is, if it were to look noticeably different, people would be able to justify buying it, even I would (maybe) :eek:

Although, I would have no way of knowing if the costs outweigh the benefits, and it's pretty amusing when people on the forums like to think they would know the best business move for Apple.

7. BrennerM macrumors regular

I could see it happening. People like choice. We drive different colour cars and those are far more expensive than an iPad mini!

There's always black or silver or white if you think the colours look like 'toys'

8. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

People are still assuming there is going to be an iPad mini? I thought that boat sank with the introduction of a larger screen on the new iPod itouch?

Don't chase Unicorns.. It's fun, sure. But very unproductive.

9. Adelabarbara macrumors newbie

I don't know much about it.Learn much useful knowledge.Thanks.

10. sineplex macrumors 6502

if by "color" you mean color on the back with a white face plate like the new ipod touches, then forget it.

full color front and back annodyized aluminium or forget it then
    just make it black or white.