iPad mini iPad mini in jeans pocket?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Wolfpup, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I prefer the larger 9.7" form factor, but I need to buy yet another iPod after having my latest die, and given how much more reliable my iPad 2 has been, I'm wondering if I could make do with an iPad as an iPod...

Can the iPad mini be pocketed in typical jeans pockets? I'm guessing not, as it seems like 7" 16:9 Android tablets are kind of the limit for pocketability, and I'd think a 7.9" 4:3 device would be wider, but I did read one claim that you could pocket it...

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Take something the size of the Mini, I think a DVD case matches the width, and try it for yourself. I know it won't fit in my jeans pocket, but it will in my slacks. It does fit in the side pockets of my cargo-style shorts.

3. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

4. Wolfpup thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks guys...that's what I was thinking, though I'll play with a DVD case to see if it works.

Technically I have a Windows Phone 8 phone AND a Nexus 7 that are both pocketable, but uuuuugh do I hate having to manually write down where I am in a podcast, copy stuff, etc. Everyone but Apple is in 2004 lol

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

My Podcasts save their location and return to it. Not sure what you're talking about.

6. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

7. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

probably could fit in most cargo pants pockets or if you're wearing SouthPole brand jeans I think you could fit a SUV in there.

8. Wolfpup thread starter macrumors 68030

What OS are you talking about? What program?

I'd hope they'd at least remember the playback position, but point is I'd have to write it down, manage it on multiple devices rather than it all just syncing, etc.

Huh...well, those look like normal jeans, I guess.

LOL Yeah I just wear normal jeans. 7" Nexus 7 fits fine, but I don't think much larger would.

Man, I'd ship this to my girlfriend overnight if I new it would work LOL

9. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

I think the nexus is slightly more narrow. Might be worth taking some sturdy cardboard and cut it the same size as the ipad mini and see how that works out.

10. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

[​IMG]

11. Wolfpup thread starter macrumors 68030

Well, sort of tried it out at Best Buy-it was hard to tell because attached to a giant tether, but I THINK it actually fit in pretty well front and back pockets.

If so, then honestly I'd like it to have a phone on it! I like the 9.7" version better, but dang, compared to my 4" phone the mini looks fantastic and is soooo much easier to navigate.

I may seriously buy a mini as an iPod, assuming my work arounds for my ipod's busted headphone jack don't work...honestly I think the mini's screen looks GREAT, but still I wish it had 1GB and an A6 or something.

12. Wolfpup thread starter macrumors 68030

13. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

14. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

It fits in some of my jeans pockets, but I wear sizes bigger than the average scrawny man so

15. darngooddesign macrumors G3

16. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

I guess if you have a big enough pocket, you can carry just about anything.