iPad Mini, iPad Air, or iPad Air2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cflemingRCR, Aug 18, 2015.

1. cflemingRCR macrumors newbie

Which one should I buy? I have a macbook pro currently and am about to buy an iMac as well. I'm trying to move my macbook from being my main device to being my work computer (I work at a small studio in town) and using an iMac for all personal computing things such as writing, browsing the web, research, etc. This leaves me with a huge gap in the mobile device department. Of course I'll still have my iPhone6 but I need something to take to my classes for note taking with evernote. Something to pull out while out and about and write ideas on. Obviously I would get an external keyboard for it as well just need to know which one of these is monetarily the best investment for my uses.

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

Wait a few more weeks there going to announce the new iPads in the iphone event according to the rumors
    So the current iPads will be cheaper

And get the iPad mini 4 is more portable
    Don't get anything with less then 2gb of ram

3. clo721 macrumors newbie

For classes and an external keyboard, I would recommend the iPad Air 2. I have one for class with a Logitech Type+ keyboard and it's great. I find that the iPad mini is too small for coursework, unless portability is a top priority for you. Again, another option is always to wait for the next upgrade in the iPad line.