iPad mini Ireland pre-order - delayed??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dnc1916, Oct 26, 2012.

1. dnc1916 macrumors member

iPad mini supposed to launch for pre-order in Ireland 2.00pm today according to online store notice.

Been refreshing screen like crazy since 2pm and still saying "currently unavailable". Rang Apple and they don't know why it's not sorted yet. Anyone in Ireland manage to get one yet? Any ideas??

Wanna get one before Irish pre-order stock runs out but I'm afraid it's maybe all gone already in the British pre-order??

2. caoimhe macrumors member

caoimhe

Someone on boards said they rang Apple and were told it's now 3:00.

3. iDannyxD macrumors member

4. dnc1916 thread starter macrumors member

rang apple twice and each time they said they're as in the dark as everyone else
    nice sales guy offered to call me as soon as it comes online but it's a bit crazy that they can't find out from somebody an exact launch time, especially seeing as they are the European headquarters!!

5. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Tip: When the time comes, try placing your order through the iPhone application for the Apple Store, if you have it. Seems to get up and running more quickly than the conventional website.

Hope you're not after a white one because these were not available from the outset (outside the USA) except with a delivery date of about the 15th of November.

Good luck! :)

6. dnc1916 thread starter macrumors member

7. iDannyxD macrumors member

There up :) just ordered mine, White and Silver 16gb

8. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

What delivery date were you given?

9. iDannyxD macrumors member

10. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Same, ordered at 8:05 am BST this morning from England.

Seems that the white is not available for launch day pre-order outside the USA. :(

11. dnc1916 thread starter macrumors member

I ordered the black wifi 32Gb and still not delivered til the 15 Nov despite being one of the first orders from Ireland.
    It looks like the Irish and British stock were mixed and the people who got to order at 8am this morning got the early batches.
    Ragin
    Might check in CompuB next Friday and if they have stock I can always cancel my online order then...

12. caoimhe macrumors member

caoimhe

Definitely hoping there's a few in the shops next Friday... but ordered one at 14:50 (as soon as it came up for me) just in case they're as rare as I'm afraid they'll be.

13. Toonbay macrumors 6502

Toonbay

Whitley Bay, North East UK (God's Country)
    i ordered my white 16gb at 8.02 as soon as site came online and i got the 2 week dispatch.........dont think they had any stock:confused::(

14. iDannyxD macrumors member

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah I ordered the moment they came on the irish store and i'm getting 15th november date as well.... :(

Annoying as they are sending some to stores for Friday, so why they can't honour those first orders on the online store for the same release day launch like they do the rest of the world is a mystery, especially given their HQ in Cork.

By offering a pre-order that when you avail of it, tells you your item wont be delivered till 14 days after its launched in stores kind of defeats the purpose of pre-ordering does it not ?

I'm going to try and see if I can get my Black 64GB version at the weekend, and if they have one, i'll buy and cancel my pre-order.